Skating Skills Booklet for U.S. Figure Skating Skating Skills Tests
We always stock the latest edition of this manual. This version replaces the original Moves in the Field Tests Booklet and includes Pre-Preliminary through Gold Standard, Adult & Adaptive.
Skating Skills (formerly Moves in the Field) are an integral part of the U.S. Figure Skating testing program. This booklet provides the correct steps and a standard of quality expected from skaters testing Skating Skills from Preliminary to Gold for the standard, adult, and adaptive tracks. In addition, pattern diagrams, focus points, and common errors are included for each pattern. It is intended only as a guide for judges, coaches, and skaters in order to develop a standard throughout the country. This 7th edition, released in 2022, underwent a thorough review and update. Features of the updated booklet include:
- Identification of skills introduced at each level for standard tests
- Focus, standards and expectations, and common errors included for standard and adult tests
- Addition of Adaptive Skating Skills test patterns
- Skating Accommodation Memorandum (S.A.M.) information
- Updated standard test level names and change from Moves in the Field to Skating Skills, effective July 1, 2023
The new booklet is also printed in portrait format with two-page spreads for each pattern. This puts the pattern on the left-hand page and text on the right-hand page, allowing for easier-to-read font size and plenty of space for making notes. You can jot down exercise ideas, teaching tips, and any other notes you might want to record making this an ideal rink-side resource.